- Romance heroines never settle for second-best when choosing who they love.
- Romance heroines are strong in heart and in mind and in soul—or they end up that way after growing through the conflicts in the story.
- Romance heroines, like all strong women, are good role models for our daughters.
- Romance heroines don’t obsess over their weight or if their hair looks good. They focus their energy on what is important to them.
- Romance heroines believe in the sanctity of a strong and faithful relationship and will accept nothing less.
- Romance heroines choose mates who bring out the best in them.
- Romance heroines understand and embrace the power in being a woman.
- Romance heroines are brave enough to be vulnerable and fall in love.
- Romance heroines believe in hope for a happy, healthy future.
- Romance heroines gives readers hope that they can be the heroines of their own lives.
As a romance reader, I have been bolstered and encouraged and inspired time after time by the heroines in romance novels. While these are fictional characters, all characters are based on real traits we have in ourselves or we’ve seen in someone else. The women in the medical profession have my highest admiration. When writing Dr Stephanie Montclair, in THE BABY WHO SAVED DR CYNICAL, I came to realize how strong-willed and strong-spirited these women must be. They must balance sympathy and compassion with the knowledge that what must be done to save a life could hurt, on so many levels.
In THE BABY WHO SAVED DR CYNICAL, Dr. Stephanie Montclair and Dr. Jason Drake are diagnosticians, the doctors of last resort. They have the lowest success rate in the profession because they are the doctors people turn to after everyone else has given up hope. They are strong, brilliant, independent people. Finding their equals is something neither thinks will ever happen for them. Until, one day….
Dr Stephanie Montclair finds in Dr Jason Drake a man who inspires her to be a better woman, just as she inspires him to be a better man. While they rely on each other they also challenge each other to grow. Love makes them vulnerable enough to grow and become more of who they were born to be.
THE BABY WHO SAVED DR CYNICAL is available at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com for Kindle and BarnesandNoble.com for Nook.