It may be very unEnglish and a blasphemy to my tea-obsessed British heritage but the first thing I reach for in the morning is a cup of coffee. Then, at about 11am I do the same. And then again around 2pm… I think it’s safe to say, I LOVE it and would be hard pressed to function without it. I’ve just been thinking about the characters in my 20 books and I don’t think I’ve ever referred to anyone drinking tea…perhaps that’s not a proper reflection of the general population? LOL
There are lots of benefits to coffee drinking, apparently:
- It makes you smarter… something to do with neurotransmitters and increased firing of neurons. Bring it on, I say!
2. It’s a fat burner…need I say more?
3. It makes us faster, by increasing the adrenaline in our blood….having just had a cup I wish you could how fast my fingers are whizzing across the keypad! 😉
4. It contains lots of good things; manganese, potassium, magnesium and riboflavin (I have no idea what this does, but it used to be written on breakfast cereal packets near Niacin, so it must be good for us)
5. Potentially could protect against degenerative brain disease and Alzheimers… as someone with this terrible disease in the family I really, really hope it does.
6. It lowers the risk of depression
That is all.
Are you a coffee aficionado? Instant? Bean? Purely tea? Both? Neither? Don’t care?