It’s the end of 2022 already.
Where did the time go? Part of me thinks I just blinked, and the year is gone. Another part of me, though, is glad it’s over, not gonna lie. There have been some good times for me in 2022, and some really not so good.
On the good side:
- I released 4 books with the Medicals line this year (including my latest, THE GP’S ROYAL SECRET, which releases on 12/27). That’s a first for me, four books in twelve months, and wow. That’s a lotta words… 🤓📚✍️
2. I started a secret pen name to publish queer romance, mainly MM and Ace/Demi stuff. So far, I’ve got 6 novellas and 3 holiday novels out under that name with more to come in 2023. I’ll share the website here if you wanna check that out: http://www.tsankney.com 🏳️🌈
3. I started a new job as an editor for Level 4 Press in California, and I’m loving the work. ❤️
On the bad side:
- At the end of March 2022, I lost my job unexpectedly. This led to about three months of scariness as I scrambled to find new work. In the end, it all came together well and I’m in a good place again, but man. That was hard. 😵💫
- I got COVID. Ugh. Zero stars. Do not recommend. 🤒
- During my stress-filled months of job searching I somehow hurt my hip. Don’t ask me how because to this day I don’t know. Don’t remember any injuries or anything. Just went to bed one night and woke up the next morning with shooting pains in my leg. Now, I used to dance professionally when I was younger, so arthritis was an inevitability, but for it to happen so fast… Anyway, I’m still working on that, but one of my goals in 2023 is to lose some weight, get back in shape, and get my mobility back again!🏃♀️
So, yeah. 2022. Like I said, some good, some bad, but I’m ready to move on already. LOL!
Now, I mentioned above that I have a new release at the end of this month (12/27). THE GP’S ROYAL SECRET was written smack in the middle of my frantic-job-search haze, so it’s basically pure fluff. I needed low-angst then and loaded the book up with all sorts of fairytale warm-fuzzies because of my craving for escape. It’s got luxury yachts, fabulous locations, beautiful scenery, a secret prince, a strong single mom, and lots of sizzling chemistry. Think Below Decks Mediterranean (BravoTV) meets Princess Diaries with some ER thrown in for fun, and you have this book. If that sounds like your cup of tea, then please check it out at the link below after this fun little excerpt:
“Classic latex allergy. They often developed after repeated exposures and in some cases could become life-threatening, as appeared to be the case here. You never knew when someone might have a bad reaction, which was why Cate never used latex gloves in her practice. But she’d never lost a patient before and wasn’t about to start now.
She focused on the patient again, as she dug into her bag for the EpiPen she always kept stashed there for emergencies. A quick dose of epinephrine into an anaphylactic patient helped them recover much faster. “Someone please call 112 and have an ambulance ready to take this crew member to the hospital in Gibraltar. And does anyone else here have basic medical training to assist me?”
“I do,” a man said, the voice deep and oddly familiar. “I’m a doctor as well.”
He weaved through the crowd on the bridge and knelt opposite Cate. She hazarded a glance up at the new arrival and…
Oh, God! No. It couldn’t be.
And yet, it was. The man who’d disappeared from her life five years ago. ”
In the latest Harlequin Medical Romance by Traci Douglass, a GP is unexpectedly reunited with her prince and the father of her child…but will their reunion in the Mediterranean be able to overcome the pressures of parenthood and royal life?
Reunited in the Mediterranean…
Bound by her revelation…
Taking a locum position aboard a luxury yacht, GP Cate is stunned to come face-to-face with her ex, Prince Davian. She now has the chance to tell him her biggest secret—she had his child! When they were medical residents, Davian kept his identity hidden and, duty-bound, left without saying goodbye. As they set sail, old flames reignite and their passion takes over…but can they cope with the pressures of their new royal reality?
Also, there will be an exclusive online short read connected to this story on the Harlequin website this month (12/21) that’s a prequel scene to THE GP’S ROYAL SECRET, called THE SECRET PRINCE’S CHRISTMAS WISH, if you’d like to check that out as well! 👑
Until next time, Happy Merry Bright and Sparkly, and I’ll see you in 2023! 🎅🎄⛄️❄️🎁
P.S. A QUICK SCHEDULING NOTE:
The LOVE IS THE BEST MEDICINE blog will be taking a two-week break after today for the Christmas and New Years holidays. We’ll be back in January 2023!