February 1st-14th 2016
Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I’m the Assistant Editor on the Harlequin/Mills & Boon Medical Romance team. We’re thrilled and grateful to have been invited to contribute to Love is the Best Medicine and look forward to getting to know you all and sharing our love for Medical Romance. If there’s anything you’d like to know please just ask. The Medical Romance editorial team (Sheila, Tilda and myself) would love to hear from you!
There is so much to love about our jobs on the Medical Romance editorial team but one of our favourite things is finding new voices to add to our spectacularly talented author base. And right now we’re looking for exciting new authors to join our amazing Medical family!
Medical Romances are stories with cutting-edge medical drama and settings, in some of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities! With pulse-racing medical drama bringing them together Medical heroes and heroines find themselves in a wide variety of intense, emotional situations—ER emergencies, heart and transplant surgeries, city hospitals, GP practices, paediatrics, Maternity wings, IVF clinics, jungle or outback settings and medical rescue just to name a few!
Our #MedicalBlitz is a fantastic opportunity for your Medical Romance to get fast-tracked!
What we want:
- A query letter that introduces you and your book – and any previous publishing credits, contest wins, or affiliations
- A 2 page detailed synopsis. Show us what drives your story forward, including the internal and external conflicts your hero and heroine face on the road to romance. We want to know what happens in your book, even the ending. (No cliff-hangers in the synopsis, please!)
- Your first chapter (up to 20 pages)
Here’s how it works:
- From February 1st until midnight (EST) on Valentine’s Day, we invite you to send in your submission. Go to http://Harlequin.Submittable.com and click on ‘#MedicalBlitz Submission Fast Track!’ to submit your first chapter and synopsis.
- Every contemporary Medical Romance submission will be read by one of the Harlequin Medical Romance editors and will receive editorial feedback by February 19th. That’s quite a fast-track!
- We’ll then request to see more of the submissions that show the most promise!
This isn’t a contest but a chance to showcase your work to our editors and get some helpful feedback in an accelerated time frame, and maybe even become the newest Harlequin Medical author. If you’ve ever dreamed about being published, send us your submission. We want to read YOUR story!
And check out the hashtag #MedicalBlitz on Twitter. We’ll be sharing tips, insider details, our wish lists, and more throughout the Blitz. Planning on submitting? Have questions? Please leave a comment. I can’t wait to hear from you!