March 15th-29th 2019
Hi everyone! My name’s Charlotte and I’m the Assistant Editor on the Mills & Boon Medical Romance team. We’re thrilled and grateful to have been invited to contribute to Love is the Best Medicine and look forward to getting to know you all and sharing our love for Medical Romance. If there’s anything you’d like to know please just ask. The Medical Romance editorial team (Sheila, Vic, Carly and myself) would love to hear from you!
There is so much to love about our jobs on the Medical Romance editorial team but one of our favourite things is finding new voices to add to our spectacularly talented author base. And right now we’re looking for exciting new authors to join our amazing Medical family!
Medical Romances are uplifting, relatable, life-affirming stories set amid pulse-racing medical drama! Inviting readers to get swept into the world of dedicated (and delectable!) medical professionals who navigate the high stakes of falling in love in the pressured world of saving lives. Medical heroes and heroines find themselves in a wide variety of intense, emotional situations – ER emergencies, heart and transplant surgeries, city hospitals, GP practices, paediatrics, maternity wings, IVF clinics, jungle or outback settings and medical rescue just to name a few! And in locations across the globe!
Our #MedicalRomanceBlitz is a fantastic opportunity for your Medical Romance to get fast-tracked!
What we want:
- A cover letter that introduces you and your book – and includes any previous publishing credits, contest wins, or affiliations.
- A detailed synopsis. Show us what drives your story forward, including the internal and external conflicts your hero and heroine face on the road to romance. We want to know what happens in your book, even the ending. (No cliff-hangers, please!)
- Your first chapter – there’s no need to have the full manuscript written at this stage!
Here’s how it works:
- From March 15th until midnight (GMT) March 29th, we invite you to send in your submission. Go to Go to http://Harlequin.Submittable.com and click on ‘Harlequin Medical Romance Blitz!’ to submit your first chapter and synopsis.
- Every contemporary Medical Romance submission will be read by one of the Harlequin Medical Romance editors and will receive editorial feedback by April 12th. That’s quite a fast-track!
- We’ll then request to see more of the submissions that show the most promise!
- Please note that we only accept one entry per person.
This isn’t a contest but a chance to showcase your work to our editors and get some helpful feedback in an accelerated time frame, and maybe even become the newest Mills & Boon Medical Romance author. If you’ve ever dreamed about being published, send us your submission. We want to read your story!
Keep an eye on millsandboon.co.uk and follow the editorial team on Twitter @SheilaHodgsonMR, @EditorBritton, @CarlyMByrne and @cellisharlequin for more writing tips and exclusive content!